On the positive side, on a spiritual level things are on the up. Between injuring my arms; dear old RSI flares up, and no computer for over a month, it has given me time to contemplate my navel! To listen to my soul whispers and begin to not just recognize them but honor and go with them, to follow a few and see where they lead. The black dog of depression is still ever present and flippin heavy sitting on my chest, but I am attempting to turn towards the light.
Beautiful Healing Books
I’ve been reading, well the kindle reads them too me when I can’t see straight, a number of excellent books.
- Kindling the Native Spirit; Sacred Practices for Everyday Life by Denise Linn. AMAZING life changing book! I got it on Kindle but want the paperback too.
- Light is the New Black by Rebecca Campbell. Really empowering book got it on Kindle and another I’ll be getting in paperback too. Life changing, affirming, wonderful. You need this book in your life if you feel let down by the world around you.
- Radical Self Love by Gala Darling. Saw an article of hers in Spirit and Destiny mag and was fascinated by her, have only just started this book but really love it. I almost made a mistake and didn’t buy this when I found out how young she was, compaired to me BIG error! Its not who you are, where you are or your age its what you have learned and she has been through a lot and learnt a lot. Don’t count the decades, just look at the wisdom. Bless you Gala, I’m glad my soul kept calling me back to your work.
I have also been finding comfort in Oracle cards. Choosing the right deck for you is essential, one who’s art works calls to you and its a bit of trial and error. But find the match and they can be really healing companions for soul work.
- Kuan Yin Oracle deck by Alana Fairchild, published by Blue Angel SO much love and healing in this deck. If you don’t have someone in your life that says nice things to you, encourages you, wants the best for you but you would love to hear kind words this is the oracle for you. If you don’t have big hands, there is a pocket deck coming out January 2017. You can try this deck online at Alana’s website, see the link further down this page. A kind, gentle, healing deck. No intimidating images, but great for support. No scary words at all in this deck.
- Native Spirit Oracle deck by Denise Linn. The photography on these cards is stunning, so peaceful, inspirational and good ones to meditate with. Even if you choose not to read guide book description of these cards, imagining yourself in the places pictured is also very soothing. Here’s a You Tube walk through of this deck.
- Namaste cards. If you are one of those people who collects positive affirmations on your Pinterest board, this card deck is for you. Shuffle the deck n pick your card for the day.
- Gaia Oracle, artwork by Tony Carmine Salerno also by Blue Angel publisher. I love Toni’s Art work, this is the third deck I bought and I like to feel the response to the art work often more than the guide book. This deck does have slightly more challenging cards in it, not scary but if you feel that hearing more challenging things is not ok right now, I’d recommend Kuan Yin deck; mentioned above. Have a look at the video on You Tube of this walk through of the Gaia deck.
If these aren’t calling to you there are lots more on Blue Angel website. I recommend you do a search of you chosen deck on you tube to get a chance of seeing all the pictures in the deck if someone has done a review video.
If this is all new to you, have a look on Alana Fairchild’s website where you can try some of her oracle decks online Alana Fairchild; Online Oracle page. This is just an excerpt of the Kuan Yin book but you can get a feel for the deck from that.
Crystals have also played a part in my soul nurturing and have helped too.
Highly recommend: Spiritual Planet. They send you the crystal pictured, so if you fall for a certain one, that is the actual one you get. They also ship really fast and have lovely descriptions of the meanings and connections with each crystal on their site.
Crystals really feed my inner magpie, I love colour, light and collecting, not especially shiny things but colour definitely. For the skeptical, that’s fine, I honor your view point, to each his/her own but if you have an open mind and an open heart, I would recommend a nose round some crystal shops if you can get out and about or see if any sing to you online.
Two things to look out for, if you do shop online; 1. Size, check the size of the item, they aren’t always pictured next to things for reference. 2. Are you getting the actual one pictured, some sellers do send the one in the photo others one in that kind of stone but not the actual one.
Why the long break
My laptop has taken to eating its own memory so has been in computer hospital for a while. Fingers crossed it will play nice for a while. I am also trying to change my email address on this site, so if you don’t see posts for a while, it will be down to issues relating to that.
Its been a time of nurturing and resting as best I can, have had no other choice when pain gets this bad. BUT good things have come from it and I now try to listen more to my heart n soul.
May your day be as gentle with you as it can be, may you find ways to make right now feel softer.
Sending you peace, light, hope n compassion.